GreenON Solar Rebates for Ontario Homeowners & Businesses
May 23, 2018
Homeowners and businesses that are genuinely interested in solar power can now take advantage of GreenON solar rebates offered through the Green Ontario Fund. In a concerted effort to promote renewable electricity , reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and benefit the environment, GreenON solar rebates are being offered for Solar PV systems (photovoltaic) and energy storage systems.
Ontario homeowners and businesses can take advantage of GreenON solar rebates
For Ontario businesses, rebates are offered for Solar PV, as well as Solar Thermal Air projects (designed to reduce natural gas usage). Whether you’re a residential homeowner or a business owner, the GreenON Solar Rebates Program will be delivered through Ontario’s hydro companies. The program will launch during the summer of 2018.
When installing a solar energy system, overall performance will be influenced by structural dynamics as well as natural conditions. For those interested in a net metering system, the solar technology employed will lower electricity bills and manage electricity consumption. Essentially, net metering compensates property owners for generating electricity. It also allows homeowners to feed energy to the grid for credits towards future energy bills and can only be carried forward for 12 months.
Are you eligible to participate in GreenON solar rebates?
Ontario homeowners/business owners can participate in solar rebates based on the following:
- homeowners living in a detached home, townhome, or semi-detached home
- homeowners who are planning to build a brand new custom-built home
- all businesses with existing facilities located in Ontario
(Rebates are offered after installing eligible Solar PV, Energy Storage, Solar Thermal Air Systems)
What can homeowners and businesses get for rebates?
For homeowners, the solar rebate program provides these incentives:
- $1.00 for each watt for residential Solar Photovoltaic System
- $370 for each kilowatt hour for a residential Storage System
- $1.50 per watt for a residential Solar PV and Storage System
- $3.00 per watt for a residential standalone off-grid Solar PV/Storage System
For business owners, the solar rebate program provides these incentives:
- $0.75 per watt for a commercial Solar Photovoltaic System
- roughly $26.00 per square foot for a Solar Thermal Air installation
Business incentives are only estimated. Final incentives are based on a Testing Adjustment and Balance Report. Total incentives may not exceed 70% of the total cost of an installed system.
Rebates are subject to hydro company approval, required inspections, and other conditions. Residential Solar PV can’t exceed 10 kW (AC), and a commercial Solar PV can’t exceed 500 kW (AC).
How to get things started with GreenON solar rebates
GreenON rebates make it easy to upgrade your property with solar technology. Starting, summer 2018, the GreenON solar rebates program will be launching:
- You must work with a participating contractor in order to install the proper system for your home or business. Rebate applications are submitted for approval before any installation work takes place.
- Prior to any work, your hydro provider must approve the project, at which time you and your contractor will receive a green light to proceed with the installation. An estimated rebate amount will also be confirmed.
- Once all of the work has been completed, the Electrical Safety Authority carries out a formal inspection of the installation.
- Finally, your local hydro company connects the newly installed system and the rebate paperwork is completed, along with the issuance of your rebate cheque.
Learn more about other GreenON Rebates for energy upgrades
Great Northern Insulation is a participating GreenON contractor for other GreenON Rebate Programs involving air sealing and insulation. We are dedicated to a “green” approach for home energy efficieny. Take advantage of Ontario’s other residential GreenON programs by calling GNI at 1.800.265.1914 or filling out a contact form online.